One of the biggest lures to the underwater world is the opportunity to delve into history and see the many sunken wrecks that lie there. Whether sunk on purpose, as an artificial reef or the result of a mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, planes or even vehicles nearly irresistible because they are intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
The great thing about the PADI wreck diver course is that you will get to visit wrecks and begin gaining the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others may overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognises that a small hole or open door was the likely cause of the wreck’s demise
During your course you will learn the theory of:
- Techniques for diving and exploring wrecks
- How to avoid common hazards
- How to research and gain knowledge about your favourite wrecks
- Equipment considerations for wreck diving
- Techniques and considerations for entering intact wrecks
- How to plan, organise wreck dives
You will undertake four wreck dives putting into practice all the theory that you have learnt.
The course is run over two days (4 dives).
The full course can take place at our facility at Wraysbury Dive Centre. Alternately we can organise for you to visit one of the hundreds of fascinating wrecks around our coast – we live on an island afterall!
The cost of the wreck speciality course is £255 (plus boat fees if you decide to do a wreck dive at sea)
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
Diver training courses are meant to be fun but like any form of learning you’ll need to invest some time and effort reading and studying before we can get you into the water. It is therefore extremely important you complete you homework before your practical course. Our learning agreement and cancellation policy explains what is required and what to do should you need to postpone or cancel your course.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.