As with all PADI courses there are three elements, theory, skills development and practice through scenarios. Topics covered include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Missing diver procedures
- Introduction to oxygen use
- Much much more.........
The course runs over two days. We ordinarily run this course on the fourth weekend of the month. If you need a bespoke course to suit your schedule please just ask.
The entirety of the course takes place at our purpose built facility at Wraysbury Dive Centre.
The course costs £350 and includes all equipment, air fills, learning materials, entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre and certification.
Combine the course with the Emergency First Response (EFR) course for £455
You must be aged 12 or over. There is no maximum age.
You must hold a PADI Advanced Open Water certification or equivalent.
Complete the PADI Medical Statement - see useful documents
You must hold a valid first aid certification which covers first aid and CPR. If you do not have this, ask us about the Emergency First Response (EFR)
Diver training courses are meant to be fun but like any form of learning you’ll need to invest some time and effort reading and studying before we can get you into the water. It is therefore extremely important you complete you homework before your practical course. Our learning agreement and cancellation policy explains what is required and what to do should you need to postpone or cancel your course.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense. Many other dive schools will charge you for this.
- We love diving and want to ensure that you do too!