Our unique location at Wraysbury Dive Centre (London and the South’s only full time professionally run inland dive site) and experienced staff allows us to offer you the most comprehensive Divemaster course around. The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional scuba training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere. In addition, during your course with us you also will gain further skills and knowledge about how a busy inland Dive centre works.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. This includes:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialised skills
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting scuba reviews and skin diver courses
In addition to the above topics which all should learn on a divemaster course, with us you will:
- Learn how a professional dive centre operates by becoming part of an awesome team
- Learn how to run a compressor, including gas mixing
- Assist with dive courses - both wet and dry
- Guide dives
- Learn the business of diving - how to sell, equipment, courses and diving
- Even learn how to cook a killer bacon butty
- Assist with the day to day running of the dive site both in and out of the water
- Do more diving than on any other divemaster course.
- Have no entrance fees to Wraysbury Dive Centre whilst on your course.
- Have a flexible course structure (all year round) to suit your busy life.
- Become part of a very active group of divers.
- Be a part of the busiest and most enthusiastic inland dive site in the south east.
During the course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise, solve problems and help others improve their diving.
As you progress through the divemaster course, your diving knowledge will expand, scuba skills will get sharper and your confidence will increase. As a divemaster you will use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate divers and watch as they become awesomer with you.
There is no fixed duration for the Divemaster course. The Divemaster course with learntodive is not an attendance course. The course will take as long as it takes for us to make you into a proper dive professional. As previously mentioned the course is driven by you and how much time you can dedicate to it.
The Divemaster course costs £425 plus the cost of your learning materials (this varies depending on the cost of the materials from PADI).
At the completion of your course you will be subject to annual membership fees payable to PADI.
At Divemaster level the course fee does not include equipment rental – you will be expected to have your own or pay for hire.
Be a Rescue Diver or hold a qualifying certification from another certification organization
Be at least 18 years old
Have 40 logged dives.
Hold a valid CPR and First Aid certificate gained within the last 24 months
Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a HSE diving physician within the last 12 months
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
Diver training courses are meant to be fun but like any form of learning you’ll need to invest some time and effort reading and studying before we can get you into the water. It is therefore extremely important you complete you homework before your practical course. Our learning agreement and cancellation policy explains what is required and what to do should you need to postpone or cancel your course.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school.
- All air fills, and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras. You wont have to pay an entrance fee each time you go diving.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- We love diving and want to ensure that you do too!