Play with your bubbles under the ice, walk upside down and marvel at the way the light plays.
Teamwork is essential for ice diving, so you'll start by learning the roles and responsibilities of support personnel, tenders and safety divers. You also discuss types of ice, site selection and prepartion, the effects of cold, emergency procedures and handling equipment issues. During three closely supervised ice dives, you'll practice:
- Using specialized ice diving equipment and safety lines.
- Signals and communications along with line tending and line-securing techniques.
- Handling problems and safety diver procedures.
The course takes on average one day.
The entire course will take place at Wraysbury Dive Centre.
As we are not god we cannot predict when we can run these courses. We have to wait for the ice to arrive. When the weather gets very cold, with a northerly wind, keep an eye on our website and facebook page for announcements of the course.
The cost of your ice diving course is £230. This is fully inclusive of your site entry, any kit hire you may need, air fills and course materials.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
Diver training courses are meant to be fun but like any form of learning you’ll need to invest some time and effort reading and studying before we can get you into the water. It is therefore extremely important you complete you homework before your practical course. Our learning agreement and cancellation policy explains what is required and what to do should you need to postpone or cancel your course.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We are the biggest ice diving school in the UK, with experience in this field.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.