Emergency First Response
First aid and CPR are essential skills for everyone, but especially for all those involved in adventure sports. Divers are no exception to this. Basic Life Support skills are vital for all divers and non-divers carrying out surface support – for that just in case moment.
Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specialises in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Our Instructors are highly qualified Diver Medic Technicians and First Aid at Work Instructors – so they know a thing or two about first aid.
The fun part about Emergency First Response training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence to ensure that you are prepared to help in an emergency. It is a completely land based and therefore can be completed by divers and non-divers alike. Theory and practical sessions covered include:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
The course takes one day to complete.
Emergency First Response costs £155, inclusive of all training materials.
You can refresh your skills for £105.
Alternately sign up for both the EFR and rescue course for £455.
The only prerequisite is that you care enough about other people to want to assist them in a medical emergency.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
Diver training courses are meant to be fun but like any form of learning you’ll need to invest some time and effort reading and studying before we can get you into the water. It is therefore extremely important you complete you homework before your practical course. Our learning agreement and cancellation policy explains what is required and what to do should you need to postpone or cancel your course.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- All equipment, learning materials, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- You will learn first aid from experienced instructors - those who actually get to practice it!