Take the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course and you'll see new things, even on the most familiar scuba diving sites. Why? Because when know more about symbioses, underwater ecology, and aquatic plant and animal habitats, you notice behaviors and see creatures you may have previously missed. Learn more about the local ecosystem and take a closer look on your next scuba diving adventure.
Through class discussions and on two scuba dives, you'll learn:
- Key differences between the terrestrial and aquatic worlds.
- Major aquatic life groupings, interactions and information that dispels myths.
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
The course typically takes only one day (2 dives).
The cost of the Underwater Naturalist course is £175.
This is fully inclusive of your site entry, any kit hire you may need, air fills and course materials.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.