Digital Underwater Imaging
Whether you want to be the next David Doubilet (well-known underwater photographer) or simply want to take a half decent for photograph or video for your own enjoyment, the PADI Underwater Imaging Speciality course can get you on the right track to achieving your aims.
Whether you want to use our state of the art equipment or your own camera we can help start you on the right track to getting those great underwater images.
Your digital underwater imaging course will consist of:
Knowledge Development: Through homework and the vast knowledge of your Learntodive PADI Instructor you will learn about –
- Different types of underwater cameras and housings
- How water affects light
- The importance of white balance
- How to control digital exposure
- Focus and perspective
- The use of flashes, strobes and focus lights
- The hazards of underwater imaging and how to avoid them
- How to prepare, set-up and maintain your camera equipment
- How to dive with a camera, including buoyancy control
- Digital workflow – the principles of post production
Your newly acquired knowledge will be put into practice during two open water dives. You will be able to take as many photographs or video as you can to try and get the best images possible.
The course takes on average one day.
The cost of your digital imaging course is £225. This is fully inclusive of your site entry, any kit hire you may need, air fills, course materials and the use of state of the art camera equipment.
Come down to the dive centre to collect your homework, see our facilities and meet the team. Alternatively you can complete the homework online using the PADI E-learning system and email us for your booking.
- Our courses are taught in one location at Wraysbury Dive Centre – no need to travel around at extra expense.
- Because of our facility we are able to give you more in-water time than any other dive school – no need to sit in a classroom all day.
- All equipment, air fills, learning materials, logbook, certification and entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre is included in the course price. There are no hidden extras.
- Our three full time instructors are professionals with combined experience of over 45 years in teaching diving. We also use the cameras on an almost daily basis. You will therefore get to learn from our experience.
- We provide you with the latest and best equipment - this includes state of the art camera systems.
- We work with you to complete the course to ensure that you leave us happy, safe and confident, even if this takes a little extra time. We provide reasonable amounts of extra time at no extra expense.
- Most importantly – we love diving and want to make sure that you do too!
What can I do after this course?
You can work towards your the highest level of non-professional diving recognition - the Master Scuba Diver certification. All you need to do is complete five speciality ratings and your Rescue Diver Course.