TDI Introduction to Technical Diving
The Intro to Tech Course is the perfect starter for divers looking to take their first fin strokes into the awesome world of technical diving.
What is Technical Diving?
Typically one or more of the following has to occur for a dive to be considered technical-
- Diving beyond 40 metres
- A dive requires staged decompression
- Diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear metres of the surface
- Accelerated decompression and/or the use of variable gas mixes during a dive
Sound a little confusing? Our aim is to take some of that confusion out!
By the end of this course you should have the the basic skills and confidence to start tech diving.
During the course we cover-
- Kit configuration that works for you
- Safety considerations
- Buoyancy and trim
- Finning techniques
- Reg switching
- Gas management
- Dive planning
- DSMB deployment
- Shut downs
- Out gas drills
- Mask skills
This course is not about depth but skills, confidence and giving you the tools to take those first fin strokes into the realms of technical diving.
By the end of your two days with us you will be better equipped to go technical diving and where you want to take your diving.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification SDI Open Water or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged dives
The course costs £275 and includes-
- Any additional equipment required
- Air fills
- TDI Intro to Technical Diving Manual
- Entrance to Wraysbury Dive Centre
Call us today on 01784 488007 to start your tech diving adventure.