Hollis Explorer Sport Rebreather
The Hollis Explorer is a lightweight, easily transportable unit that uses sophisticated electronics to simplify its use.
So what is a rebreather?
The primary difference between a rebreather and open circuit is that rebreathers reuse some or all of the gas you exhale. The Hollis Explorer is a true recreational rebreather. The unit is neither a fully closed circuit rebreather, nor a semi closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilises the best of both worlds.
Why use a rebreather?
Longer no-stop limits, reduced gas consumption as you rebreathe most of your exhaled gas and you get closer to the fishie than ever before as there are no bubbles!
What will I learn?
During your Hollis Explorer course you will learn?
- Proper set-up and maintenance of the unit.
- Correct weighting.
- Pre-dive checks.
- Breathing loop management
- Bubble checks, bail-out drills and problem management.
- Fine tuning buoyancy.
- Monitoring and understanding of electronics.
- Post dive procedures.
- 15 years or older (with parental consent).
- You need to be a PADI Open Water diver or equivalent.
- You will need a nitrox certification, which can be combined with this course.
Costs and Duration-
- The course will take 2-3 days
- The course will cost from £375 per person when done on the 3rd weekend of the month. Can be done on other dates and costs £499. This includes use of the unit for the duration of the course.