Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
The fun part of the PADI Wreck Diver course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognises that a small hole or open door likely caused the vessel’s demise.
What You Learn
- Techniques for diving exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
- How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
- Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Experience in planning, organising and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
To enroll in the PADI Wreck Diver course, you must
So come on – you live on an island surrounded with the some of the most historic and exciting wrecks to explore! The Wreck Diver course is £225 plus boat charges and can be done in two days.
- Be 15 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)