Night diving can be some of the most exhilerating and exciting diving you can experience. Everything looks different in the beam of your torch and new life begins to emerge.
This course takes place at Wraysbury Dive Centre where you may have the opportunity to have the large but friendly pike hunt by your torch light, view the numerous crayfish or witness the multitude of perch sleeping on the lake floor. All these unique occurences are only possible in the twilight hours which you will discover over the three dives you will complete with us.
During your course you will learn:
- How to plan and organise night dives
- Techniques and potential problems of night diving
- Considerations for proper bouyancy control in the dark
- Considerations for navigation during night dives
- The proper use of dive lights, including communication procedures
- How aquatic life differs at night, including animal behaviours
In addition to the usual scuba diving equipment you use, you will be introduced to using dive torches.
To take part in this course you will need to be a PADI Open Waterdiver or Junior Open Water Diver (or hold an equivalent qualification from another training organisation) and be at least 12 years old.
Your course is run over two days and is £190, including all equipment, manual,certification and air fills. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information or to discuss course dates.