This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and sea currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive buddy, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
Your Drift Diver course will teach you:
Your course consists of some classroom work followed by two open water dives which will be sea dives off the South coast and is run over one day.
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, potential problems of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
To become a Drift Diver you need to be:
A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation)
The cost is £175 plus your boat fees. All equipment (with the exception of a dive mask), Manual and Air fills are included in course price.