PADI Assistant Instructor
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
Module 1: Academic Training
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
Module 2: Independent Study
- Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
Module 3: Practical Application
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster , as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
- Standards Exam
- Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. We can assist with equipment hire if necessary.
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photography specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
The PADI IDC crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The 23-item pack includes:
Give us a call for prices for your crewpack.
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual.
Our Assistant Instructor course is £425 (does not include learning materials)– give us a call today to book your course.